Monday, September 18, 2006

YES...I did it...I killed a spider!



So for those of you that know me well......I HATE bugs of any sort! Spiders, flies, bees ants, anything that crawls & scurries.....YUCK! So I cannot squish a spider for anything. I cannot stand to hear them crunch or splat. I usually very quickly scream as loud as possible until somebody comes running or run for the closest thing to cover the spiders with! Usually it is a glass (Joe & Katie know about that business, I had my own "sister sue's spider catcher".)
~The Sunday that we got home from the family reunion, I managed to trap a spider on the garage door under a glass. Right! Not too smart. Dustin was next door talking with his mom.......so I sat on the floor crying with this glass up on the door with a monster spider under it. Every time I went to move the glass to the floor, the spiders legs would wrap around the top of the glass......so I would scream, shake & cry! I sat there for about 1/2 hour crying~stuck with a huge spider just cm. from my hand! TOO CLOSE! I then soon came to realize that if Dustin or somebody is not around to help me, I need a better plan. I mean I was 100% STUCK.
SO today, I was minding my business doing laundry. Dustin's laundry when out of nowhere....BAM.....A big ol' spider. With my cat-like reflexes I threw the Shout down onto him. Killed him immediately. Of course I was screaming & jumping around as expected. :) Then I managed to get him into something to flush him down the toilet. No worries though, I flushed & watched him go down then flushed 2 more times. He is long gone, as for his relatives, well I sure the hell hope they were not watching!! I now itch & feel gross & feel eyes on me! (I just had to do it.....Dustin is at work)

I had to share my story! I am very proud of myself as you all should be too!

The picture does not show how LONG his damn legs were. He was big! eeewww! uughghh!

1 comment:

Etzkorn Family said...

I had to do that the other night too! I was a big hairy one, the wolf spiders. EEWGH. I HATE spiders, I screamed as I hit it and it ran towards me, and woke up the kids. oops. Congrats!! It's not easy being a spider hater :)