Monday, May 26, 2008

HELL....that is about it.

Right......all I can say is HELL! I swear I have to approach this mom of 2 differently. Some days it is just perfect & wonderful, but the majority of these days that keep passing by are kicking my a$$! Dustin has been home helping out......but I feel like I need 5 more people here with me.


Alexandra......bless her heart, is the best big sister anybody could ask for, but she is definitely become the most whiny 2 year old that has mastered the tantrum like no other. As soon as I start to feed the baby, she needs 30 things. She also goes to the opposite side of the house to get into anything & everything she can......so if you could picture me going through the house holding the baby while he is stuck to my boob.....that happens at least 4 times a day. If Ally would stop the whining, I think that maybe 1/4 of my sanity would come back!! As soon as I start to clean anything or try to organize anything, there is Ally needing something or pushing my 10 piles of laundry onto the floor etc. Maybe my lack of patience & my overwhelmed feeling is some sort of post pardom. I have no clue. I just know that it will get better & easier! :)


So is 2 years enough time in between kids? I still am going to say yes. Only because I could see a 3 year old having the same issues........or similar ones. Plus... I look at the future & how close that Ally & Little Dustin will be & that just makes me happy.
If I can just make it through a few more months without absolutely losing it I think everything will be great.


That is my venting session for now. :)

6 comments:

Katie said...

ok...so it sounds like things are normal for you then....awesome. this is the part where alcohol helps....

KatBouska said...

Oh man. Yep. Maile did the exact same thing. They are 19 months apart and instantly regretted that decision. But they are best friends now (still some fighting) and I wouldn't change a thing.

They say the baby blues are normal and I experienced it after every birth. Just take it day by day. This is an adjustment for Allie too. Maybe you could try getting a little toy out when you feed Dustin that she can ONLY play with while you're feeding him...like playdough or something. Something that will keep her occupied. Just a thought. Hang in there, and you know you're body, if you think something is not right then TELL YOUR DOCTOR!!! Talk it out!! Charissa had post pardom depression for almost a year and never told anyone. It's one of the biggest regrets she has. I think a major difference between PPD and baby blues is typically with PPD you feel a disconnect with the baby. Baby blues is more crying and sadness and feeling overwhelmed (at least by my experience)by everything.

Hang in there. It will get better, I promise.

ps feel free to delete this comment if it's too personal...

Presca Lynn said...

I am guessing baby blues....I do cry very easily & feel sad, but I don't feel disconnected from the baby at all~!

KatBouska said...

You're probably right then. I was the exact same way...probably a little worse. I was completely in love with my babies, but I still wanted to crawl into a hole and just cry until I couldn't cry anymore...and I didn't know why. I wasn't hungry. I just felt totally and utterly overwhelmed by everything. Thankfully it didn't last too long. Just think about everything that's happening...you have a brand new baby to get to know, you're not sleeping, you have a toddler going crazy who is probably also having the baby blues ;), you feel fat, your hormones are all over the place. I'm amazed at people who DON'T have at least one breakdown. And a little jealous. :) You can do it. Accept help when it is offered and make big Dustin take Alexandra to the park when he gets home from work!!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Sounds like me w/o kids!! j/k just wanted to make you smile!! Well now I see what's going on here, you need a full time assistant...*poof* i'll quit my job to help you don't tempt me!!