Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Darn her...

I was separating out some baby clothes & folding them....I noticed that Alexandra was being VERY quiet and that can only mean trouble. So I got up to go & look for her.......she was only out of might sight for less than 5 minutes- what could she have possibly done?

I go around the corner and see her crouched down on the floor next to my computer desk. She says, "look mama, pretty." I looked down at her feet & noticed that they were white.....all her toes were white & my floor underneath....it confused me at first. Then I saw what it was.

Little Miss Alexandra had painted her TOES & I mean TOES ( not just toenails) with WHITE-OUT!! Needless to say, I completely freaked out...I looked at her & said mommy doesn't know what to do.. as I was picking her up. She said "what, you no know what to do". So who do I call??? Yes....you are right.........POISON CONTROL!
I was not sure if there was some chemical in the white-out that would burn my baby girls skin. So I didn't know whether to put her in water or vinegar- freaked out.......I know I am a total idiot. SO i just put her feet in the tub & started scrubbing. Poison Control told me she would be fine. It should come off with nail polish remover blah blah blah. Only bad if inhaled or ingested. So I was relieved but pissed at her! So happy she was fine, pissed her toes were white and my floor was white. The nail polish remover did not work either. So I put her on toe painting restriction. She loves to get her toes painted. So she has 1 week of no new toe paint.

I am thinking she has had her eye on that white out for a while. I did not even know it was up there. I guess that I am going to have to Ally proof my house again! I must have started to slack.




Trying to remove it in the tub



This is all I could get off. The rest will have to sluff off on its own. It already is almost gone after her baths & being in the pool.

6 comments:

nadinehayes said...

I know your pain. One time Maddy was too quiet I found her and Haley coloring her bed and babies and themselves. They were right around Ally's age. Good luck with the baby proofing again.

Angela said...

OMG that is funny!!! Well probably not to you...
xoxo

Allison said...

I was hoping there would be pictures as I was reading your story! she really got carried away with it!

Etzkorn Family said...

Been there. You think what could they do in that little time, but it is amazing how quick those little stinkers are. Get used to it it only gets worse!!! Good luck my prayers are with ya!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet baby feet..even if they are painted..
hugs,
Carla

spiderjohn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.